Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dreams

So I stand here in front of you now,
Neither lost nor alone;
Do you know where I've been, where I'm going?
Do you know how much I've grown?

Probably not, probably not I think,
Since when have you been here, ripping my seams,
Here where I live, breathe, cry, die,
Here where I meet my dreams.

Dreams of perdition, vindication,
Dreams where I'm myself, happy and content to be,
Dreams of women, of sin, of fear, of happiness,
Dreams no one else tries to share, only I see.

They still try and make me sad, they don't have to try hard,
Happiness is a blur, sadness is clear
I've been drifting away from things I love,
Things close, accepted, connected, dear.

Prey upon my misery now, the only chance you'll have,
I'll leave everyone behind, not one would stand in front, none behind
Scale heights that would amaze you, heights no one ever knew about
Achieve more than most people dream of.

Yeah, I know, fantasy, make believe, aim too high
Bite more than I can chew, deluding myself, night won't be day
Asking for the tears to roll down, down where I fall,
Dreams shattered, fantasies ruined, ambitions all astray.

But I hope I motor on, on where my sights lie,
Don't stop, don't rest, till I reach the destination I aspire,
I've made a start, dreaming is the most important step, I feel,
Failure will not, it cannot, douse my fire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite good. Why don't you write more often?

Arjun said...

thank you. and i'm trying.