Monday, July 2, 2007

Do I really know who I am?

Who am I? Do I know who I am? Do I really care?
I am angry, I am scared, I feel so helpless and alone,
I can't, don't, won't, I refuse to know how I'll fare.

Six billion people in this round, big, green earth,
So many all around me living, breathing, talking all the time,
Does anybody notice or care,
Who would want to waste a dime?

So let me be, don't cry no false tears,
Talk incessantly like you always do,
Leave me alone, let in silence pass my years;

Kill everyone, see if I care,
Religion, colour, caste or class, the excuses are many,
I'm caught in front of a runaway train anyways,
Caught in it's headlight's glare.

Don't look down on me now, don't act all superior,
I know, as well as you, we're in the same boat,
Sailing along, saying the same prayer;

To a non-existent God, and his false illusions of life after death, a new day,
To peace, love and dreams of salvation in heaven and/or hell,
Are we really that naive? Or are we just happy to have a right to pray?

To drown our sorrows in another shoulder,
To blame our failures on another, paramatma, the ultimate soul,
Cleanse our soul and our heart, for now they are as coal.

And so I finish these ramblings off,
And in my parting words, a plea,
Respect yourselves, take responsibility for your own mistakes,
Never drown them in a faith's false and poisonous sea.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

gr8 !!!! keep it up buddy--

Unknown said...

gr8 !!!! keep it up buddy--

Arjun said...

Er..thanks.