Thursday, September 1, 2011

Insomnia

I don't remember sleeping anymore,
The world just turns off and then on again,
I keep wandering through any open door,
Walking on that deserted lane.

I don't remember thinking anymore
Questions of what if and what not,
The days pass by and I keep chasing,
With oblivion, I have cast my lot.

I don't remember searching anymore,
For joy or pain, love or hate,
I don't now have any desire to soar,
Just drift on the gentle gusts of my fate.

I don't remember hoping anymore,
Hope is for people with expectations,
All I have in place now is a rot in my core,
An absolute emptiness and strange infestations.

I don't remember living anymore,
I have seen life, all I have is imitation,
Nothing helps, not money, drugs or education,
No desire, no love, and no ultimate motivation.

2 comments:

Jayan said...

Nice. But why so unhappy, Arjun?

Arjun said...

Not unhappy. Just have dark moods, I guess.