Monday, November 30, 2009

For the warmongers

When you ask me for a drop of blood,
I cannot give it because the blood is not mine.
The river's are red enough without it, overflowing,
Stop and consider the consequence, look at the sign.

When you ask me for a head,
I cannot give it because I refuse to lose,
To them, forcing on us grief, misery and death,
Or to you, trying to do the same, that's what you choose,

When you ask me to kill,
You ask too much of me,
A life taken is another life lost,
Your rage blinds you, you cannot see,

That when you ask me to die,
For you, I will always refuse,
You don't have the authority, and nor do I,
To play with life, decide it's dues.

And when you ask for vengeance,
Who is it against and what?
You'll never hurt those responsible,
Always those who are not.

And when you ask for sacrifice,
You forget that you don't have the right,
You'll stay back and stay safe,
And from your ivory tower, you'll send others to fight.

When we ask for sanity,
Will you listen to conscience and reason,
Or will you go and do the same as them,
Make more people watch their last rise of the sun.

When we ask for help,
Can you listen to us over the overpowering noise, this bedlam
Of rage, of rhetoric, of lies, of hatefulness,
Created by merchants of death, in their murders calm

And when they finally ask for forgiveness,
Will you have the choice to not give it?
Or will you choose to turn into them,
Blinded, damned, covered in blood, covered in shit.

No comments: